After our initial release of The Witcher TRPG, many of you were helpful in asking questions and pointing out errors, both of which will help us tune up the book. In fact, the process has already begun! Here’s the current roadmap forward.
- I’ve taken your questions and created a full list for Cody and Lisa to answer. Duplicate questions were removed from the queue to make the process easier.
- Cody and Lisa have worked their way through the questions to figure out answers. Rough drafts have been written, which will be tuned up for precision and clarity.
- Starting tomorrow, we’ll be posting answers to your questions/concerns in batches of 5 to 10. New answers will be posted either every day or every other day as schedules warrant. If there’s ever a need for a longer break between posts due to holidays or other factors, I’ll make a post and let people know. Questions about rules will receive priority over questions or concerns about lore.
- As we finish up with these questions, we will also work on updating the PDF version of The Witcher TRPG and creating an errata for those people who have purchased or received a copy of the physical book. The new PDF will be uploaded to DriveThruRPG. All those who purchased the PDF will receive a notice and be able to download the new version at no cost. The errata will be added to the download section here for anyone to download as needed.
We want to thank each of you who has purchased the book, each of you who has asked questions, and each of you who has shared their excitement and love of this new game with us. We know we can make the game but we also know we need all of you to play it.
Keep your blades sharp!
After a week off for GenCon, From the Screamsheets returns. As expected, the debut of The Witcher TRPG has the spotlight this time around as we look at where R. Talsorian Games is being mentioned in the news and on the blogs.
Roll for Crit
YouTube channel Roll for Crit released a great video from the convention floor, talking about The Witcher Table-Top RPG.
The team at Roll for Crit weren’t the only ones chatting up The Witcher TRPG!
- Polygon interviewed Cody Pondsmith, the game’s lead developer and he had some solid advice on how to handle some of the adult themes the video game series is famous for while gaming face to face at the table.
- Just before GenCon, The Witcher TRPG made Geek and Sundry‘s most anticipated list for the convention!
- Likewise, Witcher was at the top of ENWorld’s new release spotlight!
- And the game popped up in a few other places on YouTube as well!
A Different Sort of Witcher Video
Also on YouTube, WitcherGeorge used The Witcher TRPG as an official lore source to provide an update on the six witcher schools. As much as we appreciate our game being played, we also love the idea of witcher fans across the world using our RPG to better understand a beloved property.
Other R. Talsorian Notes
Just because it was a big week for The Witcher TRPG doesn’t mean the rest of R. Talsorian Games was ignored by the internet!
- Want some more insight into the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 from CD Projekt Red? Our founder, Mike Pondsmith, spoke with Polygon and offers his thoughts on playing the game in first person as well as the inherent political nature of the genre of cyberpunk. In his own words: “Morality is cyberpunk”.
- Ground Punch is doing an actual play of Cyberpunk 2020. You can catch episode one here and episode two here.
That’s all for now. If you’re on the streets, stay safe choomba! If you’re on the Continent, keep your blades sharp!
Morning everyone! Just a short announcement to let folks know we’ve uploaded The Witcher TRPG character sheets to our download page! They’re available in both original and printer-friendly flavors!
Thank you for your patience as we recover from GenCon. Regular blog posting will return next week.
Friends, choombas, countrymen! Lend me your eyes! R. Talsorian Games has finished a triumphant GenCon! Not only did our debut of The Witcher TRPG go swimmingly! The Cyberpunk Chronicles team ran game after game of Cyberpunk, multiple games of Castle Falkenstein were well attended, and we sold out of so much of the stock we brought with us. We’re psyched as can be.
We ran four seminars this year and recorded each one on our brand new YouTube channel. We hope to continue to provide content there as Tara Jones, R. Talsorian’s media maven, ramps up her plans.
For now, though, please enjoy the following and please forgive the slight shakiness of the cameras. We’re still learning.
It is both my duty and my honor to inform the world that The Witcher Table-Top Roleplaying Game is available for purchase! Not only are there still copies of the physical book at our Gen Con booth (#1752), the digital version (PDF) is also available for sale on DriveThruRPG!
This morning we had one hell of a line when the doors opened to the public. We sold many, many copies but there are still quite a few left. Feel free to stop by!
The Witcher TRPG is sold out at our booth today. We will have more there tomorrow.
Still plenty of Cyberpunk, Mekton, And Castle Falkenstein.
We’re pretty darned excited about tomorrow’s debut of The Witcher TRPG! You don’t need to wait to see it in action, though! IGN just posted a nearly three hour, full actual play video of Cody Pondsmith, the game’s lead designer, taking their crew through a session of the game! Check. it. out!